MORGAN TAYLOR LIMITED
FINANCIAL SERVICE PROVIDERS REGISTER NUMBER FSP713651
Morgan Taylor Limited is a Financial Advice Provider (FAP) and holds a licence issued by the Financial Markets Authority (FMA) to provide a financial advice service.
Registered Business Address:
7 Mizen Court
Tel: 09 473 9295
Gary Morgan DipBS CFPCM is the sole director of Morgan Taylor Limited, and he is the firm’s sole Financial Adviser. Gary’s Financial Service Provider Number is FSP89901.
No advisory work is undertaken by anyone but Gary.
CFPCM and are registered certification marks and CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERCM is a common law certification mark owned outside the U.S. by Financial Planning Standards Board Ltd. Financial Advice New Zealand Inc is the marks licensing authority for the CFP Marks in New Zealand, through agreement with FPSB.
OUR DUTIES AND OBLIGATIONS TO YOU
We are bound by the duties of the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013. In particular sections 431 I, K, L and M, to:-
- Meet the standards of competence, knowledge and skill set out in the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services and
- Give priority to the clients’ interests and
- Exercise care, diligence and skill and
- Meet the standards of ethical behavior, conduct, and client care set out in the Code of Conduct.
 This is the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services prepared in accordance with Part 4 of Schedule 5 of the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013 (the FMC Act). The Code supports the purposes of the FMC Act including promoting the confident and informed participation of businesses, investors, and consumers in the financial markets, avoiding unnecessary compliance costs, and ensuring the availability and quality of financial advice.
CONFLICTS OF INTEREST
We have long standing business relationships with product providers. From time to time, those product providers may offer a small token of appreciation of that relationship e.g. a bottle of wine. They may also offer subsidised financial adviser conferences or subsidised financial adviser training. Whilst we always put our client’s interest first, these remain as potential conflicts of interest.
Morgan Taylor Limited manages these potential conflicts of interest as follows:-
- We do not allow our financial adviser to participate in any subsidised conferences unless the content qualifies as part of the adviser’s professional development plan.
- We do not allow our adviser to participate in any subsidised conference unless offered without any conditions.
- We will allow our Financial Adviser to accept tokens of appreciation offered on a one off or ad hoc basis, providing these tokens are given freely, without any conditions and are of a relatively small nature e.g. a bottle of wine.
- We will not allow our Financial Adviser to accept any offers for subsidised conferences, subsidised training or tokens of appreciation, if that offer is deemed large enough for a reasonable person to judge that it is likely to influence the adviser’s judgment when making recommendations to our clients.
- To ensure that our Financial Adviser puts our clients’ interests above his own, we follow a written advice process that ensures our recommendations are made on the basis of each client’s goals and circumstances.
- We manage any conflicts of interest by following our documented procedures which includes holding a register of conflicts and reviewing it regularly.
- Our Financial Adviser undergoes annual training about how to manage conflicts of interest.
This firm has no referral relationships which either generate revenue, or require this firm or its adviser to pay for referrals.